Sunday 6 March 2011

Vi Vi Introduces Emmazen

Emma is a very talented and modest singer, writer and keyboard player. She writes songs from the heart to beautiful backing tracks she creates using ableton live. She plays the key board beautifully and has a voice to rival the likes of Kate Bush and Toris Amos. You can hear in Emma's songs the inspiration from Kate Bush but she still succeeds in making it her own without sounding like a copy cat. I discovered Emma through another soundcloud user and i am glad i pushed play. Emma has a different style that she brings to peoples ears and hearts she continues to gain momentum and praise from fellow soundcloud users and has been a constant joy to follow. She comes from Yorkshire in the UK and has been playing the keyboard as a hobbyist since she was 5 years old. She abandoned learning how to play at grade 3 as she could not get her head around reading the musical scores. Emma then went on to college later on in her life to study music technology (btech)   but could not get her head around the technical side. Regardless of all that she still continued on her song writing and then she started using Ableton live, to me she has made some of the best tracks i have herd on the soundcloud site. She plays and writes music for the love of music like so many musicians out there. Emma proves that you don't have to have a degree in music to be able to create such beauty, soul and emotion. In this case talent was already there with out needing it to be taught i love Emma and her songs and i hope you will all see what i see from the promising soundclouder. I sent over a few questions to Emma so we can all get to know her a bit better.

Q1) Have you always seen you self making music ?    


I've always made music ...it is probably something I've not seen myself doing ...rather I just do it. When I was a child I remember sitting at the piano thinking to myself ...I want to play the most beautiful music I have ever heard..of course I haven't managed to do that yet , but that was my thought as a five year old.I always wanted to run before I could walk though...I wanted to play Vivaldi not twinkle twinkle little star.Hence the inability to read music :(


Q2) what artists inspire you and why ?


There are so many artists who inspire me...I just love music so much. Artists that stand out to me ...Kate Bush, Tori Amos , Vangelis , William Orbit , Annie lennox ,Dire Straits , Enya ,Loreena McKennitt and I love Sigur Ros !!! Artists from different genres too ...The Fury Brothers , Neil Diamond , Don MacClean and I love classical music too ..Carl Orff , Vivaldi ,Beethoven , Handel, Mozart, S.Bacarise...I could go on... and my new inspiration has been fellow artists on Sound Cloud !


Q3) How have you found soundcloud ? 


I have found Sound Cloud amazingly supportive...up until finding SCloud I just played to an audience of one in the attic...now I have found more confidence in myself as a musician. I have found the people on Sound Cloud amazingly inspiring , talented and kind and supportive in a way that is rare. I am very grateful to have found friends through Soundcloud.


Q4) Where would you like to see your music take you ? 


Mmm...I just think it is an honour if I would be able to write music that people really want to listen to!!


Q5) Whats your favourite song at the moment?


 The track I'm listening to at the moment that I love is by a fellow Soundclouder - 'MaryCigarettes' called 'bootcamp for the broken hearted' ...it's just amazing!


 Q6) what made you want to create and write music ?


For me it's probably like an illness...lol ! Parents usually have to tell their children to practice the piano but mine used to tell me to come off the piano!


Q7) who would you most like to meet in the music world and why ?


I think I'd like to meet Kate Bush ...just to chat and have a cup of tea with...and maybe a hobnob biscuit :)))


So now we know a little bit more about Emmazen and i hope you all like her music just as much as i do and wish Emma all the best with her musical journey. 


Love from me to you 


Vi Vi 
Thank you for reading
http://soundcloud.com/emmazen
 (Emmazens SoundCloud Profile)


Its Me Now by Emmazen.remaster by I Scaramanga I.rmx2. by emmazen

No comments:

Post a Comment